Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chicken quiche

Last Friday, I was thinking of what to do with my chicken breast. Nobody in this house eat chicken breast if I cook it as dishes. They claimed it's too hard, not juicy enough. Sounds so spoilt, but I have learn to live with it. Usually I will use them for my murtabak filling, but I wanted to try something new. And I have spinach. So I made this.
I had no idea what it is. It's probably a cross between a pie and a quiche. The filling is chicken and carrot and spinach. Sauted the chopped onion. Add in the chicken, the shredded carrot and the spinach. Season with salt, sugar and pepper. Once u filled up the crust with the filling, pour in a mixture of cream and egg. 1 cup of cream + 1 egg. Then add the mozarella cheese on top. As much as u like it. To be honest, the reason I add on cheese instead of teh crust is I am so lazy to cut the crust, to brown it with egg...yada yada yadaaaa....so cheese is my easy peasy solution.

Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Halfway through, (once the cheese turn golden) turn off the upper heater to get a crusty brown bottom.
Bon appetit :) It reminds me of the quiche I used to eat in Tassie.  Kiddos think it's good, and nobody asked me about the spinach. So note to self; one more keeper recipe to sneak in spinach ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment