Friday, October 12, 2012

10 things I learned from Boey Chee Ming

I have never heard of Boey Chee Ming. Or Blizzard. Or Diablo. That's why I love my homeschooling community to bits. There is always great stuffs happening somewhere and somebody will post it up. I know my kids need to listen to this guy. Simply because he's a testimony of choosing the road less traveled. And following your heart. And I was not disappointed. 
Boey telling his life story.
Some of the audience. Some of the homeschooling kids were there too. 
Busy doodling and drawing. And they insisted they were listening.
Boey's coffee cup art.
 Sharpie+styrofoam cup=art.
I like this one ;-)
Book signing. 
Yeah, I am sure it will. She will rock the world. Right Hajar?? ;-)
The book.
Inside the book. A child's story.
10 things I learned from Boey today;

1. As an adult, be very careful what u tell the kids. The kids believe it like a prophecy.
2. If u want to be an animator, u don't need a degree. Or expensive college. U can self learn.
3. If u loves art, there are many ways u can make your dream comes true. And be successful. It's not a one way street.
4. Do what u love. Even if it gives u lesser financial return. It's the job satisfaction that keeps u going.
5. The "not so bright" kids in school are probably the one who had more interesting life. And teach u more about life.
6. Keep challenging the status quo.
7. Quitting is not necessarily bad. Especially when u don't feel it's right.
8. Finding what u love doing might take time. Keep exploring. And it might change from time to time. So keep your mind open.
9. Some people are late bloomers. Like really really late. Just have faith they will eventually bloom :P
10. To be successful in creative industry, be original. U don't have to be perfect. Everybody have their own style. Art is subjective.

Okay. Maybe I need to add another one.
11. Never underestimate people. That dumb fat boy that u look down, and think is useless....might just turn out to be a very handsome famous successful man in 10 years time...hahaha ;-)

It was a great talk. We didn't hang around long due to the Friday prayer rush. But I am glad we went to the talk. All the best Boey.



No comments:

Post a Comment