Monday, January 14, 2013

A great (cheap) way to spend your Sunday evening in KL

For 2 days in a row, I tried in vain to write my literature review. Not even a single line. I kept reading the same thing again and again. And got nowhere. So by late afternoon, I desperately need fresh air. Like really really. And I was so glad I did.

I told kids "Let's go out". Kids asked "Where to?" I told them "We'll just go with the flow"

Around 5 pm we hit the road and headed to the National Monument.
My first time ever. At least as much as I can remember. And kids' first time too (I think). Weather was good. Probably due to the heavy morning rain.

Nice place. There is a nice park to hang around with families and friends.
There were quite a number of sculptures. I read the description and still didn't get some of them...ha3. Am just not good with interpreting abstract stuffs.

Every Sunday evening, you can watch people from Tugu Drum Circle performing. 
 And you can join them if you wish to.
The monuments.

Around 6.30pm, we discovered that the soldiers performed a short ceremony to bring down the flag. Must be a daily routine.
 Nice surprise ;-)

View of KL skyline from the top.
Kids were hungry. And it's almost dusk. So we headed to the Central Market for dinner. I found out from their FB page there will be a wushu performance tonight.

Then I figured out it's actually a regular thing. I highly recommend it. It's a great way to expose your kids to Malaysian culture.
While waiting for the performances, we went to the fish spa to kill time. $5 for 10 minutes of ticklish therapy.

At 9pm, the performance started. The Wushu performers.
Snippets of their performances. The Chinese version.
The James Bond version.
Medina got inspired and drew herself kicking somebody's ass ;-) And start bugging me to sign her up for wushu class. Hmmmppphhh...we'll see Missy.
The wushu performance finished around 9.30 pm. And we headed home. It was really a good day. Traffic was good. It's a great way to finish off your Sunday. Next time you are wondering what to do on Sunday evening, heading to KL may not be a bad idea ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment