Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In the news. And putting things in perspective.

There's a new joke in the house. Every time his sisters tell him off, or they fight over who do what chores... Luqman will start rolling his eyes and says "Girls...do u know who I am?? I am in the news OK?? Talk to me nicely!!" And they will start laughing hysterically.

Yeah. We were in the news quite a bit recently. Here are the links to the write ups.
The only reason I agreed to do the interviews is strictly information sharing. I used to refuse interviews. But then, I started getting messages and phone calls enquiring homeschooling related matters. And it gets more and more frequent.

Believe it or not, I even get somebody asking me to complete a questionnaire which was part of his PhD thesis on homeschooling. I obligingly did. While Mr O rolled his eyes and teased me to change my research topic to homeschooling. Here I am helping out people while my own research is in a mess. So I thought, what the heck. Maybe if I do the interviews, it will get easier. Just post the link eh?? :-P

I think I am soooo done with interviews already. Honestly, I would prefer not to. It does make me feel uncomfortable & over exposed. It does make you feel really crappy when you are in the news for parenting matters and people keep congratulating you and look up to you. And truth be told, you are far from perfect. Truth be told, I just had a nasty tiff with the teenager. Truth be told, I just screamed to the girls. Truth be told, I just asked the kids to leave me alone so I can have my coffee and stalk the FB in peace. So yeah, I don't like that feeling.

I am just a mom. Who homeschool her kids. There is nothing superhuman or courageous about that. It may be different from what most people do. But we are just like most of you. We have our own issues and we struggle as much as you do. And we make the best of what we have. And keep striving for better.

1 comment:

  1. Maddie Hara.
    I am always in awe when I read your blog. You inspire me and I am sure you inspire other people too.
    To me when you say you're far from perfect. Its ok , it means you are human too.
    Flaws here and there makes us mummies out here a believer of your blog

    ReplyDelete